Martynenko Aleksandr Valentinovich, Doctor of historical sciences, professor, sub-department of general history, Mordovia State Pedagogical Institute (11a Studencheskaya street, Saransk, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Nad'kin Timofey Dmitrievich, Doctor of historical sciences, professor, sub-department of Russian history and ethnology, Mordovia State Pedagogical Institute (11a Studencheskaya street, Saransk, Russia), email@example.com
Vlasenko Dmitriy Viktorovich, Candidate of historical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of Russian history and ethnology, Mordovia State Pedagogical Institute (11a Studencheskaya street, Saransk, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The post-Soviet period is characterized by the growth of religious consciousness, the increasing influence of religion (particularly the Russian Orthodox Church) on the socio-political and socio-economic processes in the constituent entities of the Russian Federation. In this regard, relevant is the study of various forms and methods of interaction in the regions between the Orthodox Church and the authorities, contributing ultimately to the formation of the Russian identity. The aim of this work is to analyse the features of educational and outreach activities of the ROC in territory Mordovia Republic in the early 1990s–2010s.
Materials and methods. Implementation of research tasks was achieved through the study of periodicals, Internet sources and research. The main research method, which formed the basis of this article was a comparative-historical, which allowed to analyze the state of educational and cultural activities of the Russian Orthodox Church on the territory of Mordovia.
Results. The basic stages of cultural and educational work of the Orthodox Church in Mordovia in the context of the ROC partnership with the regional authorities and the influence of Orthodox Christianity on the modern Russian identity. This fact is instrumental in the preservation of ethno-political and confessional stability of Mordovia, its quite effective socio-economic and political development, the growth of authority among the other subjects of the Russian Federation.
Conclusions. In Mordovia Saransk and Mordovian diocese, transformed subsequently in the Archdiocese, has created quite a developed system of religious education, active in cultural and educational activities by cooperating with educational institutions of the Republic. All this, of course, has a positive impact on the spiritual consolidation of the regional society in terms of external calls.
the Republic of Mordovia, the post-Soviet period, the Russian Orthodox Church, Saransk and Mordovian diocese, Mordovia metropolis, the post- Soviet period, religious education, cultural and educational activities
1. Otchet o deyatel'nosti pravoslavnoy religioznoy organizatsii – uchrezhdeniya srednego professional'nogo religioznogo obrazovaniya «Saranskoe pravoslavnoe dukhovnoe uchilishche» Saranskoy i Mordovskoy eparkhii Russkoy pravoslavnoy tserkvi [Report on the activities of the Orthodox religious organization – the institution of secondary professional religious education “Saransk Orthodox School” of the Saransk and Mordovia diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church]. Available at: http://seminariya.sarep.ru/
2. Saranskaya dukhovnaya seminariya [Saransk theological seminary]. Available at: http:// seminariya.sarep.ru/istoriya_o_hrame.html
3. Siluan (Tumanov) igumen. O nashey vere. Besedy po osnovam Pravoslaviya [On our fate. Conversations on the foundations of Orthodoxy]. Saransk, 2006, 444 p.
4. Belkin A. I., Gryzhankova M. Yu. Osnovy pravoslavnoy kul'tury: ucheb. dlya 7-kh klassov srednikh obshcheobrazovatel'nykh zavedeniy [Foundations of the orthodox culture: textbook for the 7th grade of secondary schools]. Saransk: Izd. tsentr Istoriko-sotsiologicheskogo in-ta Mordovskogo un-ta, 2005, 200 p.
5. Belkin A. I., Gryzhankova M. Yu. Istoriya tserkvi: ot drevnosti do sovremennosti: ucheb. posobie [The history of church: from ancient to modern times: teaching aid]. Saransk, 2013, 296 s.
6. Martynenko A. V. Osnovy islamskoy kul'tury: ucheb. dlya 8-kh klassov srednikh obshcheobrazovatel'nykh uchrezhdeniy [Foundations of the islam culture: textbook for the 8th grade of secondary schools]. Saransk: Izd. tsentr Istoriko-sotsiologicheskogo in-ta Mordovskogo gos. un-ta, 2006, 116 p.
7. Martynenko A. V. Istoriya religiy Vostoka i traditsii islama v mordovskom krae: ucheb. posobie [The history of religions of the East and Islamic traditions in Mordovia: teaching aid]. Saransk: Izd. tsentr Istoriko-sotsiologicheskogo in-ta Mordovskogo gos. un-ta, 2014, 208 p.
8. Vlasenko D. V. Konfessional'naya situatsiya v Mordovii v 1990-e – pervoy polovine 2010-kh gg.: dis. kand. ist. nauk [The confessional situation in Mordovia in 1990s – the first half of 2010s: dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of historical
sciences]. Saransk, 2016, 206 p.
9. Khokhlov V. A. Saranskie eparkhial'nye vedomosti [Saransk diocesan bulletin]. 2003, no. 2, pp. 5–7.
10. Martynenko A. V., Khokhlov V. A. Saranskie eparkhial'nye vedomosti [Saransk diocesan bulletin]. 2004, no. V, pp. 15–20.
11. «Eto luchshie lyudi Rossii» [“These are the best people of Russia”]. Available at: http:// www.sarep.ru/innokentiy-ermolaichev2.html
12. Materialy k entsiklopedii «Pravoslavnaya Mordoviya» [Materials for “Orthodox Mordovia” encyclopedia]. Comp. by S. B. Bakhmustov. Saransk, 2004, 368 p.
13. Svyatoy pravednyy voin Fedor Ushakov [Holy righteous warrior Fedor Ushakov]. Available at: http://simblago.com/svyatie_i_svyatini/353-15-oktyabrya-pravoslavnayacerkov- sovershaet-pamyat-svyatogo-pravednogo-voina-feodora-ushakova-russkogo-floto vodca-i-admirala-so-dnya-konchiny-kotorogo-v-2012-godu-ispolnyaetsya-195-let.html
14. K 25-letiyu Saranskoy i Mordovskoy eparkhii: istoriya stanovleniya [On the 25th anniversary of the Saransk and Mordovia diocese: the history of establishment]. Available at: http://www.vestnik-rm.ru/articles-k-25-letiyu-saranskoy-i-mordovskoy-eparhii-istoriyastanovleniya. htm
15. Mordoviya otmetit yubiley admirala Ushakova [Mordovia to celebrate a jubilee of admiral Ushakov]. Available at: http://www.mordovmedia.ru/news/culture/item/32986/ 16. O provedenii meropriyatiy, posvyashchennykh 200-letiyu so dnya konchiny russkogo flotovodtsa, Svyatogo pravednogo voina Feodora Ushakova [On holding of events devoted to 200 years from decease of naval commander, Holy righteous warrior Fedor Ushakov]. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/444913106
17. «Razdelenie yazykov», ili Kak svyashchennosluzhiteli i uchenye uchilis' slushat' drug druga na konferentsii, posvyashchennoy 1025-letiyu Kreshcheniya Rusi [“Division of languages”, or how clergymen and scientists learned to “listen” to each other at the conference devoted to the 1025th anniversary of the Christening of Rus]. Available at: http://www.sarep.ru/ol'ga-zetkina-yuliya-dolgova.html 18. Svyato-Troitskaya Sergieva lavra [The Holy Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius]. Available at: http://www.stsl.ru
19. Efremov E. N. Russkaya pravoslavnaya tserkov' i rossiyskaya umma: osnovnye napravleniya sotsial'nogo partnerstva i mezhkonfessional'nogo dialoga v postsovetskiy period: monografiya [The Russian Orthodox Church and Russian Ummah: the main directions of social partnership and inter-confessional dialogue in the post-Soviet period: monograph]. Saransk, 2014, 184 p.